Some of us prefer the stability and certainty of a nine to five office job. However, increasingly more people choose the flexibility of freelancing and online work over fixed office hours.
You are in luck – today switching to working from home is easier than ever. In this list of 17 types of online work you are sure to find at least several suitable and fun jobs you can start doing today. And earn some good money while you are at it:
Starting your online business
If you have chosen to work at home instead of having a regular office job, chances are you’ll prefer to be your own boss while doing online work as well.
These online jobs will let you manage your own time, realize your potential, and, in many cases, earn good money.
1. Creator (selling your art online)
If you are talented in any crafts or design, there is definitely a market for your art.
Surely, you can sell your creations in offline events like crafts fairs or Christmas markets.
However, selling online will probably be more profitable and may even turn into full-time online work. Especially if some of your art is digital.
Some great platforms for selling your work online:
- Facebook is the most obvious place to start. Create a page for your product or brand, invite all your contacts to join and come up with a contest with free giveaways. This way you will spread the word about your product and get your first fan base. You can also add a shop to your Facebook page or join Facebook Marketplace that enables buying and selling right in the app.
- Etsy is the most famous platform for showcasing handmade items. But even if your artwork is digital, you can sell it here. Some examples are wedding invitation templates, digital posters, journals, goal planners and to do lists, design maps, etc.
- If your art is less tangible, you can create your online store with Sellfy. Creative entrepreneurs use this tool to sell digital products like video or photo presets, e-books or copywriting templates, animations, jingles, beats, or even knitting patterns. Get inspired by this list of 25 Things to Sell to Make a Lot of Money.
- Sell T-shirts, posters, mugs, hats, or even bags with your design or beautiful quotes. Drop shipping services like Printful handle all the printing, packaging, branding and even sending in your place. You just have to upload designs, attract buyers and then receive your profit. Some users have reported earning over $1,200 in three weeks with this service.
2. Online course tutor
Online learning is a booming market projected to reach $240 billion by 2023, so there’s a lot of money to make for anyone who has skills to share.
If you are knowledgeable in design, photography, health and fitness, business, personal development, music, fashion, technology, writing or another topic, thousands of students may be waiting, eager to learn from your course.
Also, make sure you create a trustworthy LinkedIn profile and offer a free intro video to your course.
There are teachers making over $30K a year on Skillshare while Udemy’s top 10 tutors managed to earn $17 million in one year. Even if these numbers are probably hard to reach for a beginning teacher, you can aspire to earn between $100 and $1000 from your first relevant lesson.
3. Product reviewer on YouTube
Most of us have checked a product review on YouTube before making a purchase. Why not try being on the other side of the screen and offering your own product review videos?
The good news is that you can review products in your favorite niche – be it tech, beauty, home decor, fitness or any other.
Here are some ways to earn by placing product reviews on YouTube:
- YouTube ads – if you get a lot of views, advertising can be a good source of income.
- Affiliate marketing – place an affiliate link in the video description and get a percentage of the sale.
- Get paid to produce sponsored reviews – get hired by brands to do specific product reviews. Websites like Famebit and Grapevine are a good place to search for paid sponsorships.
With time, you can grow your audience, gain influence and work out more deals reviewing products that you love.
4. Affiliate marketer
Affiliate marketing is the process of helping another website to sell their products or services via special affiliate links. When you sign up for a company’s affiliate platform, you’ll receive your unique link or links, that will earn you a commission every time a user clicks on them (or buys something after clicking).
Many bloggers use affiliate marketing as an online work to earn money from their writing. But you don’t have to be a writer to make good money this way – you can promote affiliate links on your YouTube channel, social media, Facebook groups or forums, blog post comments, etc.
The biggest bonus of affiliate marketing is that it frees you from the responsibilities of traditional sales models, like having a product, website or sales engine.
Most people work with more than one affiliate marketing sites. You can use an affiliate marketing network to search for offers to promote.